Lynn Evans has held the CFP® mark of distinction for more than 25 years. She founded the company Northeastern Financial Consultants, Inc. more than thirty years ago so she could do business her way. That is, she takes the time not only to understand the hopes and dreams of her clients, but also to ensure they understand the financial strategies she implements on their behalf.
Recently, Lynn’s focus has been on what she views as the financial knowledge gap of Baby Boomer women where traditional stereotypes are being reexamined and exciting new opportunities await on the horizon. Viewing divorce, retirement, and widowhood not as a time of withdrawal and fear, but gearing up for new challenges and rewards, Lynn helps her clients prepare financially — and emotionally — for these significant transitions. To that end, Lynn has launched Women of Substance, LLC and the Power of the Purse podcast to further explore and help Baby Boomer women.
She is the author of “Power of the Purse, Fear Free Finances for Baby Boomer Women” to be published this year. In addition to the Power of the Purse podcast, she is the co-host of a weekly radio show, The Laurie and Lynn Show, on iTunes and streamed live on Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM on wilknewsradio.com. She has given keynote addresses to various regional non-profit annual events and is the author of a weekly blog at lynnevans.com.
If these topics matter in your life, there is no one with more experience and expertise than Lynn.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- A memorable story from my high school years where my mom sent me upstairs so my father could talk to the bankers alone
- Three rules about money that I made up at that age that took me a long time to unlearn
- Why women need to be in control of their own finances
- Some of the biggest financial worries we have as women
- Why I wrote my book “Power of the Purse” and what makes it different